Cages I made

in Käfige 22.05.2013 01:23
von Aurelien LEQUOY | 108 Beiträge | 119 Punkte

1er prototype

nach oben springen

RE: Cages I made

in Käfige 23.05.2013 15:03
von christoph | 60 Beiträge | 109 Punkte

well done. i like that cages. i reckon that you converted some darned good ideas.

nach oben springen

in Käfige 24.05.2013 09:10

the main for me was :

- All border must go directly on the drawers
- Possibility to make one ernormous cage when I remove all separation
- Grid have to go directly on the drawers

After I added so many others =) (even you can't see on these photos)
I specially designed it for my Lonchura

size : 910mm * 600mm * 690mm

If you have some more, you are welcome.

nach oben springen

in Käfige 11.06.2013 16:13

any other idea to improve this model ?

I will build an other serie of 60 cages soon

nach oben springen

in Käfige 18.06.2013 19:45
von christoph | 60 Beiträge | 109 Punkte

how did you fix the bars? is it possible to remove them for easy cleaning?

maybe some more light in the cages by led lights? i fit them subsequently in my cages.

the back looks like satined acrylicsheets right? different sheets are available in various colours. In my opinion it mellows the cages a bit and it is as easy to clean them as that ones you used.

are the drawers made of alu dibond? what are the weights? as lighter as better it is. by the way, how much weights one cage?
perhaps a (removable) shield maybe usefull if you remove the drawers while cleaning and the birds are still inside the cage.

For replicate them, do you have something like a construction plan? And an other important reason, could you be so kind to state some material expenses?

nach oben springen

in Käfige 03.07.2013 18:17

Zitat von christoph
how did you fix the bars? is it possible to remove them for easy cleaning?

I don't know witch bar you speak, but no any bars can be remove for clean, but you don't need it, the profils between cage and between drawer can be removed for easy clean

Zitat von christoph

maybe some more light in the cages by led lights? i fit them subsequently in my cages.

You can use led or neon both can be fixed really easyly, more the cables are hidden.

Zitat von christoph

the back looks like satined acrylicsheets right? different sheets are available in various colours. In my opinion it mellows the cages a bit and it is as easy to clean them as that ones you used.

I used trovidur (it's from Germany), I can confirm really easy to clean after some month of use. Even the shit with small water without rub.

Zitat von christoph

are the drawers made of alu dibond? what are the weights? as lighter as better it is. by the way, how much weights one cage?

drawers are in trovidur also, it's really resitant I can jump on it without break. dunno about the weight of one drawer maybe 1 or 2 kg.

about the total weight, its something about 28kg, coz one profil of aluminium witch are full and not empty. The next version I will replace that by polypropylene (used in food industry), it will remove 3 ~ 5 kg.

Zitat von christoph

perhaps a (removable) shield maybe usefull if you remove the drawers while cleaning and the birds are still inside the cage.

I don't need that, so i didin't thinked about it, but if one need it I can add it.

Zitat von christoph

For replicate them, do you have something like a construction plan? And an other important reason, could you be so kind to state some material expenses?

About material expenses well, the grid & stuff in inox cost around 100~ 110 euros (i bought it from a provider) (really good quality and solidity), and about 120~140 euros for other materials, have to count the time of work and marge to sell it.

The price will be the same as a "Soullier" cage (an other french brand of good quality but these cages are totally in inox or epoxy on galva)

About construction plan, the goal is to sell it so I will not give , if it don't work maybe I will update my mind

nach oben springen

in Käfige 03.07.2013 18:38

My goal was to remove at maximum the time to clean, and replace water and food. Because it's costed me more money that the price of these cages.

The other point was to hang anything anywhere in the cage.

For one couple of Lonchura I put more than 10 nests in one cage, was simply impossible with my old cages. More I can see now a really better result with the nests insides.

nach oben springen

in Käfige 26.03.2014 02:20

now all is full of Lonchura

Best regards ~
Aurélien LEQUOY

Take it, use it; knowledge belong to the world !

http://www.estrildidae.net
nach oben springen

in Käfige 26.03.2014 02:25

120 cages done

Best regards ~
Aurélien LEQUOY

nach oben springen

in Käfige 27.03.2014 19:26
von alfriedro | 203 Beiträge | 268 Punkte

Hi Aurelien,

your system seems quite professional and technically perfect. And the possibility to devide and unite the boxes is a very good idea. I did it too. But comparing with my system maybe you could think about, how intelligent and sensible creatures like birdys feel, when they see all day white walls without teasing things. What can you do for them to enrich their life? I see them playing al the day with wooden pieces, green plants, hanging and climbing on leaves and branches. They can choose between sand and other floor covers and between different food. For healthy body developments they can use natural invents like bamboo, terra cotta, stones and branches of rough shrubs.

I would enjoy, if you could think about it.

Regards, Alex

nach oben springen

in Käfige 29.03.2014 10:21

I already think about that, I developed some material to let plant inside without interfering change drawer, I will make a photo.

Best regards ~
Aurélien LEQUOY

nach oben springen

in Käfige 25.06.2014 01:18

I upgraded this model again, nearly perfect now, my new prototype will be finished soon.

Best regards ~
Aurélien LEQUOY

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 22 Gäste , gestern 106 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 951 Themen und 3841 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

disconnected Lonchura-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen